Water resource problems and the major infrastructure projects formulated to resolve those problems have the potential to severely impact local populations. Determination of the social impacts of alternative plans is a key component to be considered in the process of selection of the preferred plan.
GEC is among the most experienced staff available for the determination of social impacts. Our staff has conducted social impact analyses of some of the major water resource projects in the U.S., such as the Devils Lake project in Minnesota and the Tamiami Trail modifications for the Everglades restoration.
- Baseline Studies
- Identification of Affected Populations
- Identification of Character and Magnitude of Impacts
- Relocation Impact Studies
- Housing Needs and Community Service Needs Projections
- Environmental Justice Determination
- Development of Community Profiles