JOB NUMBER: 2200207
Candidates should have as a minimum:
1. BS in Civil Engineering and registered as a Professional Civil Engineer
2. Minimum 5 years as an Engineer of Record, role in the design and preparation for airside and landside construction projects
3. Registered as a Professional Civil Engineer in the State of Louisiana, or the ability to gain registration through reciprocity within 6 months
1. Must have an in-depth working knowledge of aviation planning, programming, design and construction
2. Proficient with AutoCAD Civil 3D
3. Familiar with airport design standards including FAA Advisory Circulars
4. Knowledge of FAA Airports policies and procedures
5. Strong verbal and written communications skills
6. Authorized to work in the United States
1. Will lead civil engineering tasks, provide excellent client service, manage quality and perform in a team environment.
2. Assist Project Managers and Engineers in design oversight, coordination, and CADD related tasks during the proposal, design and construction phases.
3. Utilize appropriate design software in performing quality assurance reviews of design activities of the various design consultants.
4. Plan, schedule and provide work directions as required for the preparation of designs, processes, reports, correspondence and related data.
Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals
5. Identify design requirements for structural and civil elements including but not limited to reinforced concrete, steel, masonry, and wood structures.
6. Perform engineering assessments of structural deficiencies, failure analysis, provide remedial solutions, prepare technical reports and verify “As-Built” record drawings for accuracy.
7. Assist in cost estimates and material take-offs for the work as applicable and coordinate with Cost Engineers on the development of capital project estimates.
8. Assist in any duties required to deliver a quality product on schedule and with budget
Job Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Status: Full time
Starting Pay: Based on Experience
Business Hours: Monday thru Thursday 7:30 am to 5:00pm; Friday 7:30 am to 11:30 am
Resumes without the job number will not be considered
Job Open Date: 02/07/2020 Closed Date: UNTIL HIRE
Method of application: 1) firstname.lastname@example.org 2) PO Box 84010, Baton Rouge, LA, 70884-4010 3) Fax:225-612-3022
G.E.C., Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran’s status, or disability status.