POSITION: Bridge Design Engineer
JOB NUMBER: 2190304
JOB LOCATION: Baton Rouge, LA
HOURS: Monday thru Thursday 7:30am to 5:00pm and Friday 7:30am to 11:30am; Hours may vary based upon work requirements.
Candidates should have as a minimum:
- BS Degree in Civil Engineering and registration as a Professional Civil Engineer
- Minimum 10 years in an engineering role in the design and preparation of bridge plans
- Registration as a Professional Civil Engineering in the State of Louisiana, or the ability to gain registration through reciprocity, is a plus
- In-depth working knowledge of advanced computer software used in the design of concrete and steel bridge superstructures and substructures
- Familiarity with highway and bridge design and the associated construction drawings
- Experience with LADOTD requirements and standards pertaining to roadway and projects will be beneficial
- Assist Project Managers and Engineers in design oversight, coordination, and CADD related tasks during the proposal, design, and construction phases bridges.
- Utilize appropriate design software in performing quality assurance reviews of design activities of the various design consultants.
- Assist in the review of roadway and bridge design calculations and plan submittals, shop drawing submittals, Contractor proposals, request for information, change orders, etc.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals
- Assist in any duties required to deliver a quality product on schedule
Status: Full Time
Method of application: 1) firstname.lastname@example.org 2) PO Box 84010 – Baton Rouge, LA 70884-4010 3) Fax:225-612-3022
Reference the job number when applying, resumes received without proper job number cannot be accepted.