POSITION: CIVIL AND COASTAL ENGINEER
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- BS in Civil Engineering
- Registered as a Professional Engineer in the State of California.
- Minimum 5-10 years of experience in technical calculations and Autocad Civil 3D design and drafting.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work within a team environment.
- Design experience with coastal projects: marinas, piers, seawalls, docks, ramps, erosion protection, coastal studies.
- Portable water distribution system, wastewater conveyance system, pump station and wastewater treatment plant design.
- Project experience in the following areas:
- Hydraulic modeling of surface and subsurface drainage systems.
- Design of water distribution and sanitary sewer systems.
- Pump station design/rehabilitation
- Sewer rehabilitation and replacement
- Roadway restoration and utility relocation/offsets
- Preparation of construction documents, including design drawings, specifications and cost estimates.
- Permitting and coordination with regulatory agencies
- Project management and maintaining client satisfaction
- Public participation
- Execution of multi-disciplinary project coordination (preferred)
- Self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Affiliations with professional societies and active industry and community involvement are highly desirable.
- Authorization to work in the United States is required.
- Provide engineering services and task management for planning, design, preparation of plans and specifications, cost estimates, and design experience with coastal projects: marinas, piers, seawalls, docks, ramps, erosion protection, and coastal studies. The position will require working effectively on a team and contributing to segments of larger projects, multi-disciplinary coordination, monitoring scope, schedule, and budget, and ensuring client satisfaction.
- Prepare coastal studies concerning sea level rise, design storm wave characteristics, and wave run-up analysis for shoreline properties.
- Familiarity with Calif Coastal Commission and local coastal development ran procedures and certified for coastal development.
- Monitor schedule and budget for assigned tasks.
- Serve as a project manager to plan and design municipal and private coastal development projects.
- Plan and manage scope, schedule, and budgets for coastal development.
- Prepare calculations for civil and structural designs.
- Conduct erosion and sediment control design.
- Participate in and promote workplace safety, and abide by GEC’s health, safety, and drug/alcohol and harassment policies.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Assist in any duties required to deliver a quality product on schedule to the client and within budget.
Job Location: Irvine, CA
Status: FT – In office
Starting Pay: Based on experience
Business Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
To apply for this position please visit the website below:
G.E.C, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran’s status, or disability status.