JOB NUMBER: 2200311
Candidates should have as a minimum:
- BS Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering
- Registration as a Professional Engineer in the State of Louisiana(or the ability to gain registration through reciprocity)
- Minimum 5-10 years of experience in technical calculations and task/project management
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work within a team environment.
- Potable water distribution system, wastewater conveyance system, pump station and wastewater treatment plant design.
- Project experience in the following areas:
- Hydraulic modeling of surface and subsurface drainage systems.
- Design of water distribution and sanitary sewer systems.
- Pump station design/rehabilitation
- Sewer rehabilitation and replacement
- Roadway restoration and utility relocation/offsets
- Preparation of constructions documents, including design drawings, specifications and cost estimates.
- Permitting and coordination with regulatory agencies
- Project management and maintaining client satisfaction
- Public participation
- Execution of multi-disciplinary project coordination (Preferred)
- Self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Affiliations with professional societies and active industry and community involvement are highly desirable.
- Authorization to work in the United Stated is required.
- Provide engineering services and task management for planning, design, construction, document preparation, specifications, cost estimates, and construction management of stormwater and utility infrastructure including conveyance, pump stations, utility relocations, roadway design and restoration. The position will also require working effectively on a team and contributing on segments of a larger project, multi-disciplinary coordination, monitoring scope, schedule and budget, and ensuring client satisfaction.
- Prepare roadway plans, detail drawings, project specifications, quantity take-offs, and cost estimates.
- Perform design related to transportation project, such as: roadway and intersection geometric studies, roadway and earthwork modeling, drainage design, grading, preliminary engineering, final engineering, plan production, construction staging, design and quantity calculations, estimates, report writing, and other related engineering duties.
- Monitor schedule and budget for assigned tasks.
- Serve as a project manager to plan and design municipal and transportation related stormwater drainage, water resources engineering, and flood control management projects.
- Plan and manage scope, schedule, and budgets for water resources projects.
- Conduct hydraulic and hydrologic modeling using software such as HEC-RAS, SWMM, and LADOTD.
- Conduct erosion and sediment control design.
- Participate in and promote workplace safety, and abide by GEC’s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals
- Assist in any duties required to deliver a quality product on schedule to the client and within budget
Job Location: Metairie, Louisiana
Status: Full time
Starting Pay: Based on Experience
Business Hours: Monday thru Thursday 7:30 am to 5:00pm; Friday 7:30 am to 11:30 am
Job Open Date: 03/11/2020 Closed Date: UNTIL HIRE
Method of application: 1) email@example.com 2) PO Box 84010, Baton Rouge, LA, 70884-4010 3) Fax: 225-612-3022
Resumes without the job number will not be considered
G.E.C., Inc., an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran’s status, or disability status.