Job Number: 2200226
- BS in Coastal or Civil Engineering from an accredited engineering college or university
- MS or PhD preferred
- Registered as a Engineer Intern in the State of Florida
- 1-5 years of related experience
- Applicants with degrees in related sciences may be considered
- Experience with structural engineering design of marine structures – including seawalls, bulkheads, revetments, groins, breakwaters, boat docks, piers, and “living shorelines”.
- Experience with port and harbor navigation channel project design – including maintenance dredging, dredge material management plans, contaminated sediments, hydraulics, and coastal processes.
- Experience with field work – including:
- assessment of existing structures, and
- construction observations to check for compliance with design and permits.
- Ability to originate, develop, and design multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals, including the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from staff, clients, and the general public.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions, including the ability to interpret an extensive technical instructions and deal with abstract and concrete variables.
- Strong computer skills, including knowledge of and experience with various structural/coastal models, the Microsoft Office product suite, and use of the Internet for standards/products/manufacturer research
- Coastal/Structural Engineer – duties include, but are not limited to:
- engineering design and construction observations as Engineer-of-Record;
- development of Opinions of Probable Cost;
- support, mentoring, and supervision of other technical staff.
- Project Manager – duties include, but are not limited to:
- project planning and development;
- contract administration – including preparation and monitoring of project scope-of-work and budgets/schedules with responsibility for project completion of scope within budget/schedule;
- client contact and relationships;
- forecasting of workload for assigned staff;
- oversight and management of any sub-consultants; and
- accurate client billings and collections.
- Assist in any duties required to deliver a quality product on schedule and within budget
Job Location: Vero Beach, FL or telecommuted from within the State of Florida, as agreed upon
Status: Part Time Hourly
Starting Pay: Based on experience
Business Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm
TO APPLY: RESUMES WITHOUT JOB NUMBER WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Job Open: 02/26/2020
Job Close: Upon hired (stop accepting resumes)
Send Resume: 1) email@example.com 2) PO Box 84010 – Baton Rouge, LA 70884-4010 3) Fax:225-612-3022
G.E.C., Inc. an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran’s status, or disability status.