POSITION: COASTAL/ STRUCTURAL ENGINEER – ENTRY LEVEL (SIGN ON BONUS)
STATUS: Full Time
STARTING PAY: Based on experience
HOURS: Monday thru Thursday 7:30am to 5:00pm; Friday 7:30am to 11:30am; Additional hours may be required based on project needs
LOCATION: Vero Beach, Florida
Coastal Engineer/Structural Engineer – Entry Level in the Coastal, Environmental, and Water Resources Division; focused on continuing their career working on Structural Design and Coastal Projects. This is an ideal opportunity for someone who strives to learn with other professionals, meet the challenges defined by our clients, and continuously develop himself or herself on a career level.
• BS in Coastal or Civil Engineering from an accredited engineering college or university
• MS or PhD preferred
• EIT/PE License track required
• 0 -10 years of related experience
• Applicants with degrees in related sciences may be considered
- Experience with structural engineering design of marine structures – including seawalls, bulkheads, revetments, groins, breakwaters, boat docks, piers, and “living shorelines”.
- Experience with port and harbor navigation channel project design – including maintenance dredging, dredge material management plans, contaminated sediments, hydraulics, and coastal processes.
- Experience with field work – including:
- assessment of existing structures, and
- construction observations to check for compliance with design and permits.
- Ability to originate, develop, and design multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals, including the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from staff, clients, and the general public.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions, including the ability to interpret an extensive technical instructions and deal with abstract and concrete variables.
- Strong computer skills, including knowledge of and experience with various structural/coastal models, the Microsoft Office product suite, and use of the Internet for standards/products/manufacturer research
- Coastal/Structural Engineer – duties include, but are not limited to:
- Engineering design and construction observations as Engineer-of-Record
- Development of Opinions of Probable Cost
- Support, mentoring, and supervision of other technical staff
- Project Manager – duties include, but are not limited to:
- Project planning and development;
- Contract administration – including preparation and monitoring of project scope-of-work and budgets/schedules with responsibility for project completion of scope within budget/schedule;
- Client contact and relationships;
- Forecasting of workload for assigned staff;
- Oversight and management of any sub-consultants; and
- Accurate client billings and collections.
- Assist in any duties required to deliver a quality product on schedule and within budget
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Accounts
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Sick Time
To apply for this position please visit the website below:
G.E.C, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran’s status, or disability status.