POSITION: ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING INTERN
JOB NUMBER: 20220407
STATUS: Part Time
STARTING PAY: Based on experience
HOURS: Based on school schedule
LOCATION: Baton Rouge, LA Office
GEC’s Electrical Group has an open position for a Pre-Professional Electrical Intern focused on developing a career as a technical expert for Power and Lighting Projects. This is an ideal opportunity for someone who strives to learn from other professionals and develop himself or herself on a career level. The selected candidate will receive one-on-one training from engineers of various disciplines as well as from their immediate supervisor.
- Working towards a Bachelors of Science in Electrical Engineering (from an ABET accredited program).
- The desire to obtain a Louisiana Engineering Licensing Board (LAPELS) certification as an Engineer Intern (EI)
- Possess strong written, oral, and computer skills, including thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs, notably Excel and Word
- Must have the ability to work within the United States
- Must possess a valid driver’s license; driving or the ability to perform off-site work is a job requirement
- This position requires successfully navigating existing installations and construction sites. Accessing field components may involve the use of stairwells, ladders, aerial lifts, safety harnesses, etc.
- Ability to work independently, maintains a positive attitude, and works well with coworkers, all levels of management, and clients
- The future desire to provide engineering and technical support within the Electrical Engineering Department through services such as departmental development, detailed project planning, front-end engineering and detailed design, opinion of construction cost, and technical construction engineering and inspection for a variety of electrical projects
VALUED EXPERIENCE (NON-REQUISITE):
- Background in electrical power systems design
- Advanced computer skills/knowledge including, but not limited to programming and modeling
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and/or governmental regulations
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Experience using computer assisted engineering design software, specifically AutoCAD or Microstation
G.E.C., Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran’s status, or disability status.