Job Number: 2200623
- Minimum 5 years road and bridge construction experience
- Required: 2 LADOTD certification in of the following: embankment and bank course, asphalt plant, asphalt paving, concrete paving, structural concrete
- Required: certified as either Traffic Control Technician or Traffic Control Supervisor with Flagger card.
- Preferred: Site Manager experience
Candidate will be required to pass a physical, drug test and must maintain an acceptable driving record while employed.
- Inspectors make site observations to document that construction is performed according to detailed contract requirements, including plans, contract and specification conformance.
- Inspectors inspect for quality, based on visual inspection and sampling and testing of materials.
- They may be required, take photographs, file reports, and perform field sampling, and measure and document quantities of work-performed daily.
- Record finding in field logs book or computer. Use of Site Manager and other LaDOTD formats are preferred.
- Inspection sites are dirty and may be cluttered with tools, materials, or debris. Inspectors may have to walk, climb, crawl, bend and lift and are required to be in good physical conditions.
- Inspection of other highway work may be required at times, including serving as the principle inspector on the project.
- Duties include inspecting work being performed by the contractor for compliance with plans and specifications, inspecting for quality workmanship, preparing field diary which includes all daily activities each day along with other project information, measuring quantities of work, and documenting items of work performed in field books (which may be computer based), including measured quantities, location, date, etc.
- In addition to inspection duties, some review of the surveying layout will be required. Employees are inspected to participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals and to assist in any duties required to deliver a quality product on schedule.
Job Location: Baton Rouge, LA (Baton Rouge, Hammond areas)
Status: Full time
Starting Pay: Based on Experience
Business Hours: Monday thru Thursday 7:30 am to 5:00pm; Friday 7:30 am to 11:30 am
Resumes without the job number will not be considered.
Job Open Date: 06/23/2020 Closed Date: Until Hire
Method of application: 1) firstname.lastname@example.org 2) PO Box 84010, Baton Rouge, LA, 70884-4010 3) Fax: 225-612-3022
G.E.C., Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veterans’ status, or disability status.