- BS Degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited engineering curriculum. Advanced degree a plus.
- 5-15 years of experience as a Professional Engineer
- Registration as a Professional Civil Engineer in the State of Louisiana, or the ability to gain registration through reciprocity within 6 months
- Project Management
- Knowledge in AASHTO “A Policy on Geometric Design of Highways and Streets”
- In-depth knowledge of advanced computer software used in the design of concrete and steel structures and bridges
- Experience with LADOTD, or similar agency, requirements and standards pertaining to roadway and bridge projects
- Knowledge and understanding of applicable design codes and client’s standards
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Road design experiences with Louisiana DOTD, preferred
- Design experiences with storm water drainage and sanitary sewer systems, preferred
- Experience with Microstation, preferred
- Experience with Inroads, preferred
- Utilizing engineering and CADD software to oversee and/or provide designs for road, drainage and other civil project plans and specifications.
- Interpreting surveys to incorporate into plans.
- Project management for all phases of design work from inception to final acceptance.
- Manage projects to ensure efficient personnel utilization and on time delivery.
- Assist in the review of roadway and bridge design calculations and plan submittals, shop drawing submittals, contractor proposals, requests for information, change orders, etc.
- Performing project cost estimating.
- Develop project engineering fees and negotiate engineering contract scope of work Performing QA/QC reviews of the design activities of design team members. Review of design calculations, shop drawings and other submittals, proposals, requests for information and change orders.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Assist in any duties required to deliver a quality product on schedule and within budget.
- Assist/support proposal development.
Job Location: 8282 Goodwood Blvd., Baton Rouge, LA 70806
Status: Full Time
Starting Pay: Based on experience/negotiable
Business Hours: Monday through Thursday – 7:30 AM to 5:00 PM; Friday – 7:30 AM to 11:30 AM
G.E.C., Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran’s status, or disability status.