POSITION: Professional Engineer (PE), Electrical Power (Non-managerial position)
LOCATION: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
STATUS: Full Time
STARTING PAY: Based on Experience
HOURS: Monday thru Thursday 7:30am to 5:00pm and Friday 7:30am to 11:30am; Additional hours may be required based on project needs
Professional Electrical Engineer in the ITS/Electrical Engineering Division; focused on continuing career as a technical expert and/or project manager for Power and Lighting Projects. This is an ideal opportunity for someone who strives to learn from other professionals, meet the challenges defined by our clients, and continuously develop himself or herself on a career level.
- Resume must clearly convey the following:
- Graduate Engineer – Bachelors of Science in Electrical Engineering (from an ABET accredited program).
- Registered as a Professional Engineer in the State of Louisiana or ability to gain through reciprocity within 6 months.
- Strong background in electrical power systems design, construction, and construction drawing bid package preparation for distribution systems, generators, and AC drives.
- Experience of 6 years in power system engineering; including substantive representation from the following work elements:
- Modeling utilizing ETAP or similar software.
- Equipment and electrical distribution modeling
- Arc flash analysis and incident energy calculations
- Protective device coordination and voltage drop calculations
- Duct bank analysis
- Electrical construction related experience (480V to ~35kV)
- Underground, overhead, and in-facility cabling systems design
- NEC code experience in defining construction designs and safety systems.
- VFD / Motor design through medium voltage
- Professional client communications, meetings, and interactions.
- Project team member duties shall include technical design and assisting the project manager with scope development, man-hour & cost estimates, scheduling, meeting, and coordination efforts.
- Coordinate, participate, and oversee activities and personnel relating to collecting modeling field data.
- Coordinating, supervising, and performing detailed engineering activities, and as a Professional Engineer of Record for a design project; including the use of applicant’s Professional Seal.
VALUED EXPERIENCE (NON-REQUISITE):
- Experience in the planning and design of drainage pump stations, waste water treatment facilities, roadway lighting systems, and moveable bridge systems.
- Experience in construction engineering services and inspection
- Experience in project management
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Experience using computer assisted engineering design software, specifically AutoCAD or Microstation
- Control system description, design, and details based on client input.
Duties include, but are not limited to, providing engineering and technical support within the Electrical Engineering Department through services such as project development, detailed project planning, front-end engineering and detailed design, opinion of construction cost, and technical construction engineering and inspection for a variety of electrical projects. Use of engineer seal is required for projects that applicant is in responsible charge.
Some specific examples of typical duties are included below:
- Responsible for providing engineering and technical support within the Engineering Division.
- Duties include, but are not limited to, providing project management and engineering services such as project development, detailed project planning, and design, opinion of construction cost, and technical construction engineering and inspection for a variety of automation and control projects.
- Prepares or directs preparation and modification of reports, specifications, plans, construction schedules, and project designs.
- Analyzes reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, tests, and aerial photographs for planning and design.
- Uses computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to prepare engineering and design documents.
- Directs CAD personnel to convert designs to working drawings.
- Performs quality control/quality assurance review of engineering documents.
- Visits construction site to monitor progress and other duties per the client contract documents.
- Assists in pricing, estimating, scoping, marketing strategies, and business development for proposed projects.
- Estimates and monitors project man hours and budgets.
- Responsible for project schedules and timely completion of projects.
- Supervises and monitors client relationship strategies and attends client meetings ‑‑ days or nights.
- Provides mentorship and leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill.
- Participate in active team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Assist as and where needed to deliver a quality product on schedule.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Accounts
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits
- Vacation Time Off
- Sick Time
G.E.C., Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veterans status, or disability status.