Job Number: 2190827
- Graduate Engineer – BSEE (accredited US ABET program) with of 20 years of qualifying professional engineering experience
- Registered as a Professional Engineer in the State of Louisiana. Ability to gain through reciprocity to be registered in Texas, Mississippi, California, and Florida.
- Experience (8 years) in power system engineering; including a substantive representation from the following example work elements:
- Modeling utilizing ETAP or similar software
- Equipment and electrical distribution modeling
- Arc flash analysis and incident energy calculations
- Fault / Protective device coordination and voltage drop calculations
- Duct bank analyses / Transformer and 3 phase systems design.
- Electrical construction related experience (480V to ~35KV)
- Underground, overhead, and in facility cabling systems design
- Switchgear and fusing systems designs, indoor and outdoor
- NEC code experience in defining construction designs and safety systems.
- VFD / Motor design through medium voltage
- Experience (4 years) in project management activities including a substantive representation from the following example work elements:
- Project concept and scope of work development
- Customer coordination, single point responsibility, contract compliance
- Project budget estimating, compliance, and deviation accountability
- Professional services and construction cost estimating and reporting
- Project planning, execution, meetings, action item, schedule coordination.
- Coordinating, supervising, and performing detailed engineering activities and as Professional Engineer of Record for a design project; including the use of Professional Seal.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/QUALIFICATIONS THAT WOULD BE A WELCOME PLUS:
- Experience in planning and design of:
- pump station and waste water treatment plant
- roadway and airfield lighting systems
- Intelligent Transportation Systems, (roadway electronic devices; dynamic messaging signs)
- communication systems, such as:
- Fiber optic systems, cabling, patch panel and construction elements
- CCTV video, CAT 5 network cabling and 1000 BASE-T Ethernet and similar.
- Network switches and router systems and wireless data systems
- control systems; especially as it relates to
- conceptual scope definition and detailed development
- sequential and modulating systems and technologies.
- Experience with MicroStation or AutoCAD
- Strong background in electrical power systems design, construction, and construction drawing bid package preparation for distribution systems, emergency generators, AC drives.
- Ability to originate, develop, and design multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to prepare detailed technical specifications.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and/or governmental regulations. Qualified candidates shall be able to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public is also required. A strong command of appropriate written business communications is a primary requirement.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Strong computer skills, including knowledge of the Microsoft Office product suite, and use of the Internet for standards/products/manufacturer research is also a requirement.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license. This position is one where a valid driver’s license may be essential. This means that driving or the ability to perform off-site work has been identified as a job requirement.
- Responsible for providing engineering and technical support within the Engineering Division.
- Duties include, but are not limited to, providing project management and engineering services such as project development, detailed project planning and design, opinion of construction cost, and technical construction engineering and inspection for a variety of electrical, automation and control projects.
- Prepares or directs preparation and modification of reports, specifications, plans, construction schedules, and project designs.
- Analyzes reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, tests and aerial photographs for planning and design.
- Uses computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to prepare engineering and design documents, including directing CAD personnel to convert designs to working drawings.
- Performs quality control/quality assurance review of engineering documents.
- Visits construction site to monitor progress and other duties per the client contract documents.
- Assists in pricing, estimating, scoping, marketing strategies and business development for proposed projects.
- Prepares and monitors project budgets, schedules and timely completion of projects.
- Responsible for control of work‑in‑progress, ensures accurate client billings on projects.
- Supervises and monitors client relationship strategies and attends client meetings ‑‑ days or nights.
- Directs and supervises other team member’s activities.
- Provides mentorship and leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill.
- Participate in active team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals
- Assist in any duties required to deliver a quality product on schedule.
- Provides Senior project manager accountability to clients and executive management regarding budgets, quality, and schedule.
Job Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Status: Full Time
Starting Pay: Based on experience
Business Hours: Monday thru Thursday 7:30am to 5:00 pm; Friday 7:30am to 11:30am
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
Send Resume: 1) firstname.lastname@example.org 2) PO Box 84010 – Baton Rouge, LA 70884-4010 3) Fax:225-612-3022
Job Open Date: 07/09/2019 Job Close: Upon hired (stop accepting resumes)
Reference the job number when applying, resumes received without proper job number are not accepted.
G.E.C., Inc. an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veterans’ status, or disability status.