G.E.C., Inc., a leading engineering services company, located in Baton Rouge, is seeking a self-motivated Project Accountant. G.E.C. continues to expand services into several sectors and is seeking a highly motivated and organized Project Accountant to help the project teams succeed.
JOB NUMBER: 2200210
- BS in Accounting
- At least 5 years of experience with billing and receivables and at least 3 years of previous experience in accounting for engineering services companies.
- Knowledge of a construction projects structure in a client/consultant business structure.
- Fundamental knowledge of GAAP
- Intermediate to advanced computer literacy including word processing, spreadsheets and accounting software.
- Detail and deadline-oriented and can respond appropriately to changes in priorities
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, set priorities and see projects through to completion.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of Deltek Vision software or similar engineering services system strongly desired.
- Should be knowledgeable in the area of contracts terms including hourly, lump sum, not-to-exceed and how they apply to the business process.
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Effectively communicate with Project Managers (PM), PEs, and Division Managers regarding contract documents, change orders and other contract modifications, approvals, and any additional services-related to billing.
- Mail/ Email final invoices and file Subcontractors, consultant and client invoice copies.
- Track all invoice deliverable dates to and from client and inform Project Manager and Senior Accountant when delays occur.
- Assess and pursue opportunities for maximization of client billing; communicate with the CFO or Senior Accountant, as to observations and actions taken.
- Research any unbilled issues to optimize the billing possibilities for the billing period.
- Meet with Project Managers and others from project teams to accurately forecast projects.
- Maintain the billing folder (digital) with all the appropriate documents, including expenses, consultant invoices, and monthly invoices, in accordance with standard procedures.
- Work with personnel related to project to obtain needed information for use in monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Recommend and implement agreed process improvements.
- Prepare special project analyses for the PMs and others.
- Assist in year-end support of auditor requirements, which may include research and reconciliation.
- Perform additional assignments, as directed by the Senior Accountant and CFO.
- Communicate and coordinate with the local offices.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals
- Assist in any duties required to deliver a quality product on schedule and within budget
Job Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Status: Full time
Starting Pay: Based on Experience
Business Hours: Monday thru Thursday 7:30 am to 5:00pm; Friday 7:30 am to 11:30 am
Resumes without the job number will not be considered
Job Open Date: 02/07/2020 Closed Date: UNTIL HIRE
Method of application: 1) email@example.com 2) PO Box 84010, Baton Rouge, LA, 70884-4010 3) Fax:225-612-3022
G.E.C., Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran’s status, or disability status.