JOB NUMBER: 2190915
- BS in science related field
- MS preferred
- Minimum 5 years’ experience
- Ability to, analyze, and interpret technical manuals and procedures, professional journals, and governmental regulations.
- Possession of strong writing and research skills.
- Possession of strong word processing, spreadsheet, and database skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Possess valid drivers license with acceptable record
- Ability to travel.
A PLUS if prior experience:
- HAZWOPER, asbestos inspector, and lead inspector certification desirable.
- Perform technical studies and data collection
- Assist in the preparing of environmental reports
- Record and evaluate laboratory analytical data from site investigations
- Map site locations and write final reports
- Organize and conduct field investigations
- Tracking and maintaining a working knowledge of federal, state & local environmental regulation/guidance
- Prepare or assist in the preparation of scopes of work, design concepts, environmental investigations, regulatory permits, planning documents and presentations as assigned by the Project Manager
- Perform planning, engineering, environmental, and/or planning tasks requiring and/or leading to resolution of problems
- Experience in wetland delineation and threatened and endangered species surveys
- Fieldwork will include soil, groundwater and water sampling and will include oversight of subcontractors such as drillers and surveyors
- Provide leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals
- Assist in any duties required to deliver a quality product on schedule
Job Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Status: Full Time
Starting Pay: Based on experience
Business Hours: Monday thru Thursday 7:30am to 5:00 pm; Friday 7:30am to 11:30am
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
Send Resume: 1) firstname.lastname@example.org 2) PO Box 84010 – Baton Rouge, LA 70884-4010 3) Fax:225-612-3022
Job Open Date: 07/09/2019 Job Close: Upon hired (stop accepting resumes)
Reference the job number when applying, resumes received without proper job number are not accepted.
G.E.C., Inc. an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veterans’ status, or disability status