POSITION: Water Resources Engineer
JOB NUMBER: 20220119
STATUS: Full Time
STARTING PAY: Based on experience
HOURS: Monday thru Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm; Additional hours may be required based on project needs
LOCATION: Irvine, California
NOBLE CONSULTANTS, INC – Irvine, CA, USA
Noble Consultants, Inc. a division of G.E.C. Inc., seeks a driven Water Resources Engineer with minimum 10 years of related professional experience. This position is for a design engineer with the capability and experience to independently manage projects and handle client correspondence. The engineering group in Irvine consults for a variety of national and local clients, and works closely with our engineers on projects in Louisiana, Texas, and Florida. Strong consideration will be given to a candidate who has the capability and drive to build upon relationships with existing and new clients to expand business operations.
Company stock ownership will be granted to the selected candidate.
- BS in Coastal Engineering, Civil Engineering, or related environmental science field required
- MS or PhD preferred
- Registered as a Professional Engineer in the State of California
- At least 10 years of related professional experience
- Experience with proposal development support preferred
- Experience with all phases of coastal engineering studies involving the collection of data, engineering modeling and analysis, and report summarization.
- Strong computer skills, including knowledge of, and experience with, various coastal/hydrologic models (MIKE 21, HEC-RAS, etc.), AutoCAD Civil 3D, ArcGIS, and the Microsoft Office product suite. The candidate should have an interest in learning new software and engineering methods, and should have the ability to adapt to various technical project demands.
- Ability to simultaneously originate, develop, and design multiple projects and maintain proactive relationships with clients.
- Experience with engineering projects involving marine structures such as seawalls, boat ramps, bulkheads, revetments, groins, breakwaters, boat docks and piling, and piers.
- Experience with port and harbor navigation channel project design including maintenance dredging, dredge material management plans, contaminated sediments, hydraulics, and coastal processes.
- Experience with field work including assessment of existing structures, and construction observations to check for compliance with design and permits.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals, including the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from staff, clients, and the general public.
- Coastal/Structural Engineer – duties include, but are not limited to:
- Engineering design and construction observations as Engineer-of-Record.
- Development of Opinions of Probable Cost.
- Support, mentoring, and supervision of other technical staff.
- Project Manager – duties include, but are not limited to:
- Project planning and development.
- Contract administration – including preparation and monitoring of project scope-of-work and budgets/schedules with responsibility for project completion of scope within budget/schedule.
- Client contact and relationships.
- Forecasting of workload for assigned staff.
- Oversight and management of any sub-consultants.
- Accurate client billings and collections.
- Assist in any duties required to deliver a quality product on schedule and within budget. Actively participate in the successful development, organization, strategic positioning, preparation, and issuance of winning proposals and presentations.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Accounts
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Sick Time
To apply for this position please visit the website below:
Noble Consultants, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veterans status, or disability status.