POSITION: WATER RESOURCES ENGINEER
STATUS: Full Time
STARTING PAY: Based on experience
HOURS: Monday thru Thursday 7:30am to 5:00pm and Friday 7:30am to 11:30am; Additional hours may be required based on project needs
LOCATION: Irvine, CA
Project Manager in the Coastal, Environmental, and Water Resources (CEWR) Division; works closely with other CEWR project managers, as well as those in the Engineering, Construction, and Disaster Recovery divisions. Actively supports Business Development. Conducts hydrologic and hydraulic analyses for CEWR offices located in Irvine, California, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, and Vero Beach, Florida, including numerical modeling of estuarine, coastal, and riverine systems and development of storm water and drainage plans.
- BS in Engineering or Science with emphasis on hydrologic and hydraulic (H/H) modeling
- Registration as a Professional Civil Engineer in the State of Louisiana preferred
- 10 years’ H/H experience using HEC HMS and HEC RAS 1D and 2D.
- Experience with HEC SSP, MetVUE, FIA, FDA, and WAT a plus.
- Coastal modeling using ADCIRC-SWAN a plus.
- Five years’ project management
- Demonstrated success developing business and managing projects for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers and other federal agencies and Louisiana’s Coastal Protection and Restoration Authority and other state agencies.
- Willingness/ability to travel.
- Prepares and monitors project budgets. Has overall responsibility for the profitability of projects.
- Responsible for project schedules and timely completion of projects.
- Serves as a senior project manager and as a designated client contact.
- Supervises and monitors client relationship strategies.
- Coordinates and approves pricing, estimating, scoping and marketing strategies for proposed projects.
- Develops client agreements for projects.
- Prepares forecast of workload for assigned staff.
- Attends client meetings.
- Directs and supervises engineers’ activities.
- Handles contract administration.
- Prepares or directs preparation and modification of reports, specifications, designs and plans.
- Provides mentorship.
- Participates in efforts to achieve departmental, division, and company goals.
- Assist in any duties required to deliver a quality product on schedule.
- Formulate marketing and business development forecasts, plans, and activities to increase company presence in defined markets.
- Actively participate in the successful development, organization, strategic positioning, preparation, and issuance of winning proposals and presentations.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Accounts
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Sick Time
To apply for this position please visit the website below:
G.E.C., Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veterans status, or disability status.