GEC and GPI are currently working together on LADOTD Contract No. 4400005410 – Retainer Contract for Painting Inspection and Environmental Monitoring Statewide.
As sub, GEC is providing all environmental monitoring services in accordance with LADOTD Specification 811 for the cleaning and painting of the LA 66 Bridge at Big Bayou Sara.
The services include:
- Baseline soil and air quality sampling
- Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) identification application to the Louisiana Department of Environmental Quality (LDEQ)
- Quality assurance reviews of contractor’s worker protection
- Environmental protection and waste management plans
- Air quality monitoring for total suspended particulates (TSP-Lead) during abrasive blasting
- Compliance observation and documentation with hazardous waste and waste water collection, storage, disposal/discharge, and reporting requirements
- The preparation of recurring LADOTD reports, including Annual Hazardous Waste Reports (AHWR) to LDEQ
- Post-project soil sampling
- When required, assistance during post-project audits by LDEQ.
Of note, GEC biologists are also monitoring Cliff Swallow nesting at this bridge. The species is addressed in the Migratory Bird Treaty Act. GEC assists LADOTD and the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service in coordinating construction in a manner that is protective of the birds.
GEC is also providing Construction Management and CE&I for La 66 Big Bayou Sara Bridge Rehab.
Rehab consists of:
- Clearing and grubbing
- Cold planning asphaltic concrete, base course, superpave asphaltic concrete overlay, temporary detour bridging, structural metalwork, bridge repairs and related work.
For this $7,089,179 construction project, GEC is providing:
- Day-to-day inspection
- Quality assurance
- Site Manager reports
- Traffic control review
- Measurement of quantities
- Conformance to the specifications
- Other related construction management duties.
Firm Members Involved:
- Jason Avant
- Quinton Daigre
- Barry McCoy
- Jeff Robinson
- Benjamin Roussel
- Brian Buckel
- Daniel Mayeux