In general, Coastal Tech-GEC performed grant services, geotechnical investigations, survey, design, permitting, and construction phase services to construct a new fishing pier at Smyrna Dunes Park in New Smyrna Beach, Florida. Coastal Tech-GEC:
- prepared and submitted FIND – Waterways Assistance Program applications;
- provided conceptual, preliminary, and final design services;
- conducted a Submerged Aquatic Vegetation (SAV) survey;
- established USACE and FDEP jurisdictional boundaries;
- obtained FDEP (Orlando) and USACE (Cocoa) permits;
- obtained a Submerged Lands Lease for the proposed pier;
- reviewed bids and recommended construction contract award;
- supported County administration of construction contract;
- provided final certification of construction.
Design Professionals Involved and Role(s):
Morgan & Eklund performed a location and hydrographic survey. Bechtol Engineering performed standard penetration test from a barge – used to design the pier piles. Coastal Tech-GEC provided all other services; Michael served as Engineer-of-Record for final design and construction; Tem developed design storm conditions and the preliminary design and served as Engineer-of-Record for permit applications.
Year Completed: 2017
Total Fees: $69,671
Total Cost: Estimated: $475,000 (construction)
Actual: $627,082 (construction)