G.E.C. was the lead firm in the general and technical construction engineering and inspection for Houma Phase 2. The system consists of the following Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) field devices: one (1) Dynamic Message Sign (DMS), four (4) Closed Circuit Television Cameras (CCTV), three (3) Video Image Detectors (VID), and one (1) communication/wireless aggregation hub. These devices communicate directly with the local traffic management center via a gigabit Ethernet optical fiber communication system with fast Ethernet local loops.
- Engineering shop drawing and equipment submittal review, comment, and recommendations for CCTV, DMS, Hub Site, Optical Fiber System, and Electrical System components, Communications System Integration, ITS Systems Integration, Commissioning and System Integration Testing Plans/Procedures.
- Part-time technical assistance, by teleconference, meetings (pre-construction and construction progress), and/or field inspections, provided to the Project Engineer and/or field personnel during construction. Assistance includes specialized ITS sites and items as well as non-specialized ITS items such as foundations, structural components, trenching/boring, soils, and pavement.
- Construction assistance – respond to requests for assistance/coordination with LADOTD, review and respond to requests for information from the contractor, review and respond to proposed plan/scope changes from the contractor, preparation and/or review of as-built drawings, and review requests for payment / payment applications.
- Full-time resident construction engineering and inspection (project representative) and on-site daily inspection.
- Daily reporting, field logs and record keeping.
- Project / contract administration and Project Engineer duties.
- System acceptance testing – site commissioning testing, system integration testing, and software integration performance testing.
- Subsequent preparation of a report of findings detailing issues discovered during testing phases.
- Equipment acceptance testing – proof of operability for equipment delivered to a Contractor and equipment delivered to the owner (i.e. spare parts).
- Preparation of final project file.